Re: [Nbd] NBD 3.11 crashes after negotiation

Hi Stephen,

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 04:24:22PM -0400, Stephen Powers wrote:
> What am I missing here then to connect using the old-style?
>
> [root@...2869... ~]# nbd-client 10.8.0.12 1040 /dev/nbd15
> ERROR: not enough information specified

Sorry, my mistake. I thought oldstyle was dropped for 3.12, but checking
it now I notice it was dropped for 3.10 (it's been a while).

In 3.11, there were a few dead code paths that still tried to access
oldstyle negotiation, but they didn't work. So for 3.11, you can't start
nbd-server from the command line; you have to start it with a
configuration file.

Starting it from the command line (with a default export name) is
supported again in later versions, so if you want that, you can always
upgrade to a later version of NBD.

Regards,

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,