Re: [Nbd] Some errors in the FOSDEM nbd talk

On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 11:22:04AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> Re: https://keybase.pub/wouterverhelst/talks/FOSDEM_2017_nbd.odp
>
> The table on the penultimate page.
>
> nbdkit supports WRITE_ZEROES as of last week (added by Eric Blake).

Oops, missed that, sorry.

I'd be happy to update the slides with a comment to that effect if you want me
to? On the other hand, I guess anyone will understand that most features
will eventually be implemented across the spectrum and that if they want
to be sure, they need to check for themselves... which is something else
I meant to say but forgot.

Really need to do talk notes more next time :-(

> You write "Multiple client connections for a single export", and not
> supported by qemu or nbdkit.  Assuming that means the common case
> where multiple clients connect to a server and access the same export,
> and not something else, nbdkit certainly supports that, and has done
> since the beginning.  qemu-nbd supports it too, but you have to use
> the -t option.

See my other mail on this.

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,