Re: [Nbd] [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] How to online resize qemu disk with nbd protocol?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 01:36:21PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> Maybe the structured reply proposal can be extended into this (reserve a
> "reply" header that can be issued as many times as desired by the server
> without the client ever having issued the request first, and where the
> reply never uses the end-of-reply marker), but I'm not sure I want to go
> that direction just yet.

It's not necessarily a bad idea, which could also be used for:
- keepalive probes from server to client
- unsolicited ESHUTDOWN messages

both of which are currently not possible and might be useful for the
protocol to have.

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,