Re: [Nbd] Question about nbd file

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 09:47:55PM -0400, Enigmater14 . wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using nbd to transfer ramdisk from one system to another system. The two
> systems are on a LAN, and I was able to transfer the ramdisk to the client
> system. The file on the client system is in /dev/nbd0 and I would like to use
> this as swap space on the client system. However whenever I try to use it as
> swap space it says that it doesnt have a swap header, and when I try to mkswap
> it cant erase the bootbits. How could I use this /dev/nbd0 as swap?

Did you export things in read-write mode?

Does the server have write access to the backend device it wants to
write to?

Do you get any errors in syslog when you try to write to the file from
the client?

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,