Re: [Nbd] Question re reference server implementation

On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 04:31:37PM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
> I note the reference server implementation has a mainloop() (not threaded)
> which appears never to be called.
>
> I'm guessing this is because mainloop_threaded() was added and it
> needs clearing up;

Sortof. I wanted to see how well mainloop_threaded() does before
throwing out mainloop.

I think it's fine now, and I can probably throw it out.

> or perhaps it's there for some other reason (e.g. restoring
> functionality to platforms without g_threadpool support?).

Don't think I'm going to do that. Even on cygwin GThreadPool is
supported.

> In any case, if we add new features, are we meant to add them to
> mainloop() as well,

No. If I ever resurrect that code (unlikely), I'll fix it up myself.

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,