[Nbd] [w@...112...: Re: nbd-client started at boot (for root device) is not persistent]

Only after I'd sent this did I notice the Cc was gone...

----- Forwarded message from Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...> -----

Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 09:04:32 +0100
From: Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...>
To: Victor <vixtor@...17...>
Subject: Re: [Nbd] nbd-client started at boot (for root device) is not persistent

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 09:00:20AM +0200, Victor wrote:
> I am wondering - is there any way for a process to re-read the VFS after /dev
> and /sys were moved to /root/dev and /root/sys and then root was moved with
> MS_MOVE to /, and finally a chroot was performed and init started?
>
> If not, what would you think about the following: create a new run flag for
> nbd-client (let's call it --replace). If this command line flag is used,
> nbd-client first kills an existing nbd-client providing the same resource then
> starts normally.

Can't do that, because then the shutdown protection that systemd provides is
gone (that's only valid for processes which have been started from initramfs).

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,

----- End forwarded message -----