[Nbd] Question about nbd file

Hello,

I am using nbd to transfer ramdisk from one system to another system. The two systems are on a LAN, and I was able to transfer the ramdisk to the client system. The file on the client system is in /dev/nbd0 and I would like to use this as swap space on the client system. However whenever I try to use it as swap space it says that it doesnt have a swap header, and when I try to mkswap it cant erase the bootbits. How could I use this /dev/nbd0 as swap?