Re: [Nbd] NBD: Disconnect connection/kill NBD server cause kernel bug even kernel hang

Hi,

[linux-kernel CC dropped, since this is irrelevant for them]

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 06:18:50PM -0700, Sheng Yang wrote:
> Hi, Markus,
>
> I've experienced kernel bug and system hang regarding using
> nbd-client/server on the same machine. Kernel verison is v4.2.
>
> I know http://nbd.sourceforge.net/ said:
> "Please note that read-write nbd with client and server on the same
> machine is a bad idea: expect deadlock within seconds". But it's
> mentioned at http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/869784 that
> NBD should be able to handle client/server on the same machine.

Yes, that bug has been fixed. I need to figure out how I can update
those pages again (sourceforge changed the procedure a few times), and
remove that note.

(the rest is kernel, so for Markus, not me)

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26