Re: [Nbd] doc/proto.txt partial rewrite
- To: Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [Nbd] doc/proto.txt partial rewrite
- From: Tuomas Räsänen <tuomasjjrasanen@...1261...>
- Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 22:11:29 +0300
- Message-id: <20150801191129.GA17826@...2011...>
- In-reply-to: <20150714140333.GA12422@...3...>
- References: <20150714140333.GA12422@...3...>
On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 04:03:33PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Hi folks,
> proto.txt was getting a bit messy, with it repeating itself a few times
> (sometimes even contradicting itself) and little structure in general.
> I've tried to fix that. You can see the list of changes (20 of them) on
> As such, I would obviously love it if someone could make some time and
> review the changes that I've done.
Sorry for taking so long. I've been busy contributing to another great piece of
software lately, horst: http://br1.einfach.org/tech/horst/
But, I skimmed the patch set and it looked good, good job. I rendered it as HTML
with pandoc and it was quite readable. I am not a big fan of markdown though: it
is not expressive enough (tables for example?) and I don't even know *which*
markdown I should be using, but yes, it's better than nothing.
But in overall, the document looks much better than before, I didn't spot any
big issues. I just pused few minor fixes/enhancements to
https://github.com/tuomasjjrasanen/nbd on branch proto-markdown.
A pull request is available here: https://github.com/yoe/nbd/pull/28
A short summary of those changes:
- call the first protocol phase consistently "the handshake phase"
- call the second protocol phase "the transmission phase" instead of "the data
- just few typo and flow fixes