[Nbd] Running nbd-client against a 3rd-party server

Hi there! I am running the stock nbd-client against a custom server that uses Linux AIO do deal with file I/O (and opens files with O_DIRECT). Nbd-client locks up after processing a few GB of plain, sequential writes issued via dd. The issue never occurs when I run the daemons on different machines.

Does the client/server deadlock issue described on the home page effects this scenario too? I ask because the server-side bypasses the page cache (O_DIRECT)...

Is there a way to debug the issue? I would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks in advance!
Oleg.