[Nbd] nbd timeout on debian jessie (Was: Re: oops with timeout option on debian wheezy kernel)
- To: Michal Belczyk <belczyk@...1274...>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [Nbd] nbd timeout on debian jessie (Was: Re: oops with timeout option on debian wheezy kernel)
- From: Hermann Lauer <Hermann.Lauer@...1489...>
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 17:11:17 +0100
- Message-id: <20141114161117.GC15362@...1490...>
- In-reply-to: <20140211222008.GE95782@...1273...>
- References: <20140210120607.GI19189@...1490...> <20140211222008.GE95782@...1273...>
Dear nbd kernel maintainers,
On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:20:08PM +0100, Michal Belczyk wrote:
> > according to a mail from 21 July 2011 (http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.nbd.general/985)
> > this is due to the ioctl(nbd, NBD_SET_TIMEOUT, timeout) not working.
> > Here on debian wheezy (Linux www1 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.46-1+deb7u1 x86_64 GNU/Linux) a disconnection of the server host yields hanging
> > of any "cat /proc/mdstat" on the raid1 on top of the nbd device
> > and to the appended oops (only two shown) of the kernel. Only
> > bringing back the nbd server allows further commands on the md device.
> > Any news/ideas on that subject ?
> No code has been pushed upstream to fix it since then...
> You may want to take a look here:
> I will post the patch against the most recent tip later this week.
reinvestigated this issue on debian jessie (kernel 3.16-3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.5-1)
and still getting hangs - has the mentioned patch made his way upstream ?
Looking at the 3.16.1 vanilla source at a first glance looks like it's not there - and
I seem to have no version which applys cleanly.
Thanks and a nice weekend
Netzwerkadministration/Zentrale Dienste, Interdiziplinaeres
Zentrum fuer wissenschaftliches Rechnen der Universitaet Heidelberg
IWR; INF 368; 69120 Heidelberg; Tel: (06221)54-8236 Fax: -5224