[Nbd] nbd-server only active if an interface is active in Linux

Hello

I am running Linux 2.6.31 on an iMX25 from Freescale. We have the nbd-server binary (2.9.23 apparently) and we run this command:

/usr/local/bin/nbd-server 9000 /dev/sda1

If an ethernet interface is active in Linux (eth0 or usb0), the nbd-server stays alive and netstat shows the LISTENING status of the 9000 port:

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9000            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

However, when there is no available interface up in the system (only localhost -loopback), and the nbd-server is started, it won't stay active at all. The netstat -al command does not show the 9000 port as active.

Once an interface is up, the nbd-server actually stays running and listening to the port.

I read the nbd-server manual to see if there were any options to keep the server alive even if no interface is active, but I had no luck.

Do you guys know why this is happening?

Thanks

Regards,
Santiago Villafuerte