Re: [Nbd] How to find a free NBD device?

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 3:31 AM, Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...> wrote:
> We did have a vague discussion once about having something like a
> /dev/nbdmaster which would be used for a "give me an nbd device" type call.
> This would also mean that /dev/nbdX would not exist until the "give me an
> nbd device" call had been made.
>
> I still think that would be a good idea, but AFAIK it never got implemented.
> Paul, what's your opinion on that?

Sounds reasonable to me. Although I wonder how bad the current
situation really is. Are people having difficulties with races and
such in trying to allocate nbds? Or is it more that it's not clear how
to go about doing it, and people want a cleaner interface?

--
Paul