Re: [Nbd] BCache with NBD is it possible?

El lun, 24-02-2014 a las 09:59 -0500, Paul Clements escribió:
> It certainly should work. bcache is a generic block device cache. That
> said, I have not actually tried it with nbd, so maybe there's some bug
> preventing it from working?

Well, AFAIK the main problem is that nbd real device is a file with an
in-built squashfs that resides in a remote server...

That is: I can create my local cache device by mean of "make-bcache
-C /dev/sda1" but I cannot declare caching device by mean of
"make-bcache -B /dev/nbd0" because returns "device busy" error.... thus
cannot attach it to my local cache device .

¿Any way to bypass this? Perhaps I'm missing something about how bcache
works... :-(

Thanks for your attention. Cheers
Juan Antonio