Re: [Nbd] NBD Super Size io operations

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...> wrote:
> On 08-04-13 23:19, Paul Clements wrote:
>> If you do something like the following in nbd-client just before the
>> call to NBD_DO_IT, does this fix the problem:
>>

>> +       sigfillset(&block);
>> +       sigdelset(&block, SIGKILL);
>> +       sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, &block, &old);
>>          if (ioctl(nbd, NBD_DO_IT) < 0)
>
> Hmm. I'm not sure if blocking everything except for SIGKILL is the right
> thing to do. Shouldn't we at least listen for SIGINT and SIGTERM, too?
> And what about SIGPIPE?

Yeah, you're right. For my version of nbd-client, just SIGKILL is
fine, but generally whatever signals you don't mind aborting the nbd
connection on, you can allow. Note that sometimes nbd-client will
block all but SIGKILL anyway (if you're in a network send/recv,
NBD_DO_IT masks all but SIGKILL).

--
Paul