Re: [Nbd] determining next free nbd device

On 02-10-13 09:04, Michal Belczyk wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 04:27:14PM -0400, Paul Clements wrote:
>>> Rather than looping over all nbd devices until I find one free to use, I
>>> wondered if there's a way to immediately get the first free nbd device.
>>>
>> Also, the sysfs pid file is only present when the nbd is connected (i.e.,
>> an nbd-client is running):
>>
>> debian-i386~$ cat /sys/block/nbd5/pid
>> 18172
>>
>> debian-i386~$ ls -l /sys/block/nbd0/pid
>> ls: cannot access /sys/block/nbd0/pid: No such file or directory
>
> This is exactly what nbd-client -c does, right?

Yes. It will output the PID if a device is connected, and exit nonzero
if not.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/