Re: [Nbd] NBD, DISCARD/TRIM

On 30 Mar 2013, at 12:02, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

>> However, if you ever want to be able to receive signals and process them
>> (e.g. to dump some stats) you are going to have to deal with ERESTARTSYS
>> or EAGAIN anyway. I think I'd rather do that and avoid the fragility.
>
> We can't do that in nbd-client -- at least not unless the API is changed
> away from the NBD_DO_IT ioctl (Note that I'm not advocating that).

Oh, yes nbd-*client* (duh). I think there before going into the ioctl we
should simply mask off all signals we don't want to process, which would
I think be everything except those designed to kill the process. IE we
should mask off HUP etc. too, just in case someone foolishly sends it one.

--
Alex Bligh