Re: [Nbd] NBD, DISCARD/TRIM

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013, Michal Belczyk wrote:
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 09:49:16PM +0100, folkert wrote:

> > > root@...1280...:~# time mkfs.ext4 -j /dev/nbd0
> > > mke2fs 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
> >
> > [snip]
> > So have you applied the patch that Michal Belczyk has suggested? I
> > guess I assumed that you had, since you chimed in on that thread. Does
> > that fix this problem?
>
> Seems to solve it.
> Tried 4 times, once with my own nbd server (which may affect timing).
> All fine.

Thanks Folkert!

Speaking of patches submitted -- did you Paul have a chance to take a
look at the other patch I sent to this mailing list?

Yes, I am looking at them. I was trying to reproduce the sudden shutdown that you reported, but seems Folkert has done it....I would like to try to understand what signal it is that we're getting and why, before we just do the retry on ERESTARTSYS all the time....more on this...

--
Michal Belczyk Sr.