Re: [Nbd] request queue

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 11:00:02AM +0100, Nicolas Trangez wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 10:56 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > can complete in any order unless FUA/FLUSH is used
>
> Care to elaborate what the constraints are in these cases? I can't
> remember reading anything about this while working on my library.

FUA means "this request must have hit disk before the server
acknowledges the FUA".
FLUSH is a barrier, i.e., "all requests before this flush must have hit
disk before the FLUSH is acknowledged".

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and