Re: [Nbd] NBD server terminates on SIGPIPE during negotiation

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 02:03:22PM +0000, Alex Bligh wrote:

> On 6 Feb 2013, at 21:38, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> > This situation is of course different if the server is not using a
> > fork-per-client paradigm; but since that's what we're doing, I fail to
> > see any benefit in ignoring SIGPIPE, while there is some benefit to be
> > had in not ignoring it.
>
> OK - so this is assuming you fork prior to the negotiation?

Yes.

> In which case no objections here assuming we never do any activity
> on any /other/ fd which is likely to cause a SIGPIPE. If you kill
> syslogd, does logging stuff to syslog ever cause a SIGPIPE for instance?

I'm under the impression that it doesn't. Would make sense to verify
that, of course.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and