Re: [Nbd] NBD with uClibc 0.9.33.2 - compile problem

On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 04:17:50PM +0100, VAGO Tibor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile nbd 3.2 on my NAS, an ARMv5T based system. I install
> gentoo-uclibc on it and when I try to compile nbd it cannot find
> fallocate() function:

> armv5tel-softfloat-linux-uclibceabi-gcc -std=gnu99 -w -Os -march=armv5te
> -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
> -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include   -w -Os -march=armv5te -fomit-frame-pointer
> -pipe  -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -o nbd-server nbd_server-nbd-server.o
> -lglib-2.0 -lintl
> nbd_server-nbd-server.o: In function `exptrim':
> nbd-server.c:(.text+0x2274): undefined reference to `fallocate'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> In configure I can't see any check for fallocate() availability. It just
> found fcntl.h and it assumes there is fallocate() function?

It actually searches for the FALLOC_FL_PUNCH_HOLE constant, which we use
for the trim functionality. I suppose you can cheat by editing config.h
so it does not #define HAVE_FALLOC_PH; other than that, a patch is
certainly welcome.

> In uClibc there is posix_fallocate() and there is no fallocate().
> I don't know what are the differences between posix_fallocate() and
> fallocate() but if it is equivalent may I use it?

It is not.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and