Re: [Nbd] distributed, fault-tolerant network block device

Corin,

--On 2 April 2012 12:56:43 +0200 Corin Langosch <info@...1045...> wrote:

http://www.osrg.net/sheepdog/

Thanks Alex, but it seems to only support kvm/ xen and does not expose
block devices for general use?

I'm not a sheepdogophile, but I believe they are developing libsheepdog
for that sort of thing. You could then use an nbd server or similar to
provide the device.

ceph/rados/rdb does this through /dev/rdb - you describe this as
'very experimental' which is sadly an understatement as far as I'm
concerned (e.g. listing a ceph directory hung the machine), though
perhaps it has improved over the last few months.

--
Alex Bligh