Re: [Nbd] nbd not working with xinetd anymore

Hi,

Sorry, looks like I forgot to reply to this one:

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:49:46AM +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:
> Hi
>
> Newer NBD does not work when using xinetd, last one that works is
> 2.9.20, tested 3.1 and 3.2, haven't tested anything between 2.9.20 and
> 3.1 so not sure when exactly it stopped working.
>
> Here is /etc/xinitd.d/nbdrootd
>
> service nbdroot-i386-20000
> {
>         disable         = no
>         type            = UNLISTED
>         flags           = KEEPALIVE
>         socket_type     = stream
>         protocol        = tcp
>         wait            = no
>         user            = root
>         server          = /usr/bin/nbd-server
>         port            = 20000
>         server_args     = 0 /srv/kiwi-ltsp/i386.img -r -C /dev/null
> }
>
> normal "rcnbd-server start" works with the following in /etc/nbd-server/config:
>
> [generic]
>        user = root
>        group = root
>        oldstyle = true
>
> [export1]
>         exportname = /srv/kiwi-ltsp/i386.img
>         port = 20000
>
> Bug report on openSUSE bugzilla: https://bugzilla.novell.com/776027
>
> Please let me know if you need any more information.

If you run nbd-server with those arguments from a command line, what
does that give you? It *should* say "NBDSERVER" followed by some binary
data; if it says more, that'd be a bug.

the following formula:

pi zz a