Re: [Nbd] [PATCH 11/11] nbd-server: fix signal handling
- To: Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [Nbd] [PATCH 11/11] nbd-server: fix signal handling
- From: "Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv@...1147...>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 03:00:22 +0400
- Message-id: <20120624230022.GC28212@...1147...>
- In-reply-to: <20120623234642.GM7471@...3...>
- References: <20120621214600.GK26247@...1147...> <20120623234642.GM7471@...3...>
On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 01:46:42AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 01:46:04AM +0400, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> > Reset SIGCHLD and SIGTERM handlers to SIG_DFL in child processes because
> > it is not their business to handle these signals. Block SIGCHLD and
> > SIGTERM for the short time of fork, changing signal handlers and
> > changing "children" hash table to avoid race conditions with nasty
> > consequences. Fix SIGTERM handler to always unlink pidfile.
> I've applied all of those patches (didn't see why not, really). Got any
> more coming? If not, I'll prepare a 3.2 soon.
I have several patches with enhancements, will submit them shortly.