Re: [Nbd] Question about the expected behaviour of nbd-server for async ops

--On 30 May 2011 14:13:04 +0200 Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@...186...> wrote:

I don't think that not supporting extremely large requests is going to
be a problem in practice, providing we return a proper error code.

Maybe there should be an option field for this so client and server can
agree on a reasonable size. The client MUST then split larger requests
into smaller chunks.

Note you will need to fix the kernel module (I think) if you want to limit
the maximum size of a request. I am not aware of any current limit
on the size of a request (other than 2^32 bytes).

--
Alex Bligh