Re: [Nbd] Deadlock Issues with Local NBD Server

--On 27 September 2011 03:57:45 -0700 Adam Cozzette <acozzette@...946...> wrote:

I have read about similar attempts and I know that there are deadlock
issues associated with running NBD as a client and server on the same
machine.

Provided swap is not on nbd, and you are not trying to exotically
run nbd on nbd, I can't immediately see what the deadlocking are
in modern kernels. Paul might know better. I suppose the danger is
a full block layer request list toward nbd, and nbd-server not
being able to make progress due to the block layer list being full.
I think to the extend there is a concept of 'fullness' at all,
it is by device.

--
Alex Bligh