Re: [Nbd] Thoughts about the handshake protocol

--On 30 May 2011 18:18:21 +0200 Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@...186...> wrote:

The first option the client sends (not the last) should be the
export name, because that's what you need to return things like
size.

My plan is to use NBD in a dynamic setup even with hotplug support.
That means I won't exactly know what disk will be available in the
server. So I need a "list exports" option for that to work well.
Obviously I can't send an export name prior to list exports.

I wouldn't say that any option must be first. I would just say that some
options must be after others.

That's fair enough. I guess in my pipe-dream scheme this would go:
	S->C:	WANT OPTION EXPORT
	C->S:	WANT OPTION EXPORTLIST
	S->C:	OPTION EXPORTLIST [...list...]
	C->S:	OPTION EXPORT [...name...]