Re: [Nbd] Processing client's option list

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 12:48:12PM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
> --On 29 May 2011 13:33:23 +0200 Goswin von Brederlow
> <goswin-v-b@...186...> wrote:
> >Currently NBD_OPT_EXPORT_NAME is the only possible option and it is also
> >required. How about declaring that NBD_OPT_EXPORT_NAME must be the last
> >option being send and ends the negotiation?
>
> With the current negotiation where all the client's options are sent at
> once, it would be fine. We could even use the current number for
> NBD_OPT_EXPORT_NAME for NBD_END_OPTIONS (or similar) and say that
> optionally it can take an export name for legacy compatibility.
>
> We could then define NBD_OPT_EXPORT_NAME as some other value.

I don't really like that. It muddles which is which, and could cause
confusion down the line. But there's not really a problem with stating
that NBD_OPT_EXPORT_NAME has to be the last option for now, and we can
deal with it if and when that ever needs to change.

the following formula:

pi zz a