Re: [Nbd] nbd-client and SIGSTOP/SIGCONT

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Ian <coughlan@...866...> wrote:

> Thanks for the patch.  This same thing was the first thing I tried, but
> quickly realized that more was needed.  When -ERESTARTSYS is returned
> (without first shutting down the socket), we re-enter the ioctl, create
> another thread, and that thread prints out "nbd3: wrong magic", terminates,
> and we return -EPROTO to the client, which also terminates, and the block IO
> is hosed.

Ah, yep....

> I think I might just hack killall5 for now, to prevent it from sending the
> SIGSTOP/SIGCONT to nbd.

That is not a bad idea. A much easier hack than making nbd-client
re-entrant, I must admit.

Although the "nbd-client entering into ioctl forever" thing has always
bugged me. It's definitely had its issues, and given time I wouldn't
mind fixing it, but alas, "it works" and I'm short on spare time. :)

Cheers,
Paul