Re: [Nbd] nbd-proxy (=caching proxy?!)

Hi!

> Vagrant told me you were working on a proxy to sit between nbd-client
> and nbd-server, with the intent of improving reliability of nbd. Sorry
> to be an ass, but I think that's a bad idea.

Just a question out of curiosity: I would be interested in such a proxy
for a read-only NBD hoping to have it sitting somewhere on-site to do
caching for a bunch of machines using NBD-SquashFS root filesystem which
is hosted somewhere (far) on the net ...

Would that be an option with this proxy!? We would like to offer a
remote boot service using fast WAN connections, but most probably could
be improved by local/on-site caching, especially if a bunch of machines
use exactly the same NBD-SquashFS.

Thanks + All the best! Dirk