Re: [Nbd] Exporting block-devices an copyonwrite

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 10:27:10AM +0100, Wilhelm wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a simple question: if I export a block-device, e.g. say /dev/sdd1 and
> set copyonwrite = true, where are the cow-files placed in the filesystem?

Right next to the original file. There's currently no way to change
that, though I've had people ask me to make that possible.

The name would be "/export/file-192.168.1.1-1123.diff", if the client is
192.168.1.1, the file exported /export/file, and the PID of the server
doing the export is 1123.

trying to fool the system.