Re: [Nbd] using nbd after kernel compile
- To: Paul Clements <paul.clements@...124...>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [Nbd] using nbd after kernel compile
- From: Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...>
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:35:43 +0200
- Message-id: <20100826153542.GU8694@...510...>
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTikj4zfmqPa9QXU10GwRocQX09WCDzogc1FmN696@...18...>
- References: <AANLkTikSz6v_EzVW_1B88fcDBmTC=upCRRUy-6tD_JPb@...18...> <20100826152455.GT8694@...510...> <AANLkTikj4zfmqPa9QXU10GwRocQX09WCDzogc1FmN696@...18...>
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 11:31:23AM -0400, Paul Clements wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 06:09:37PM +0530, srimugunthan dhandapani wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >> I was able to use nbd-server and client on my installed ubuntu 10.04 system
> >> with kernel 2.6.32-21-generic.
> >> But after I compiled linux kernel 184.108.40.206 and installed it, i am not able to
> >> use nbd-server and client correctly.
> >> $cd nbd-2.9.18/
> >> $./nbd-server 12345 /dev/sdb1
> >> $sudo modprobe nbd
> >> $sudo ./nbd-client 127.0.0.1 12345 /dev/nbd0
> >> Negotiation: Error: Server closed connection
> >> Exiting.
> > What does the server's syslog say at this point?
> > What does the client's kernel log say at this point?
> He figured this out privately with me. The nbd-server was running
> non-root and didn't have perms for the disk.
OK; glad it's settled. And sorry for the 10-day delay ;)
The biometric identification system at the gates of the CIA headquarters
works because there's a guard with a large gun making sure no one is
trying to fool the system.