Re: [Nbd] Large (> 2TB) NBD devices?

Peter Daum wrote:

I can confirm, that the problem must be on the client
side:
Meanwhile, I installed a 64bit-system on the machine
with the big
disks (unfortunately also my only machine where I have
this option):

Now, I can access large nbd devices exported by this
machine from the
same machine via loopback, while other machines (with
32-bit-systems)
still show the same problem.

Yes, greater than 2TB works on 64-bit but not 32-bit. It's due to a limitation in the NBD kernel ioctls (which nbd-client uses to set up the nbd device). You might be able to increase the NBD block size (using NBD_SET_BLKSIZE ioctl) and get > 2TB working on 32-bit -- I've not tried.

--
Paul