Re: [Nbd] Multiple exports

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:24:26PM +0200, Thomas Kuhlmann wrote:
Hi,

I would like to export two different files on different ports.
Therefore, I have added to export sections to the config file of the
nbd-server:

What version of nbd-server?

2.9.11-1 (debian-package)

         [export]
 	exportname = /var/foo/abc.nbd
 	port = 2288
 	readonly = true

         [export]
 	exportname = /var/foo/123.nbd
 	port = 2289
 	readonly = true

But that does not work. Only the last entry is exorted.

How can I export two files? Is that possible at all?

It should be; that was the whole point of the config file thing.

However, I should admit that I've been a bit lax in testing; I know that
on a few occasions in the past, there have been problems with the
multi-export feature. It *should* work currently; but of course, if it
doesn't, that's a bug.

Okay. I assume that an nbd-server process should be started for any export-entry. But only one nbd-server is started for my config-file, even if there is more than one export-entry in it.

My workaround is to start two nbd-server with two different config-files. That works well.

Thomas