Re: [Nbd] Server immediately closes connection

I've been looking further into this in the meantime and have found the problem.

I enabled debugging, NODAEMON and NOFORK in the server and started adding debug statements [I found out it was segfaulting somewhere], and it appeared to segfault in the following line in setupexport:

    msg3(LOG_INFO, "Size of exported file/device is %Lu", (unsigned long long)client->exportsize);

Just by commenting that one out everything works. I don't really understand why, perhaps something with the unsigned long long cast and gcc on an ARM device?

Greets,
Robin.

On Jan 8, 2008 8:35 PM, Robin Van Loock <rvloock@...17...> wrote:

On Jan 8, 2008 1:09 PM, Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 08:21:09PM +0100, Robin Van Loock wrote:
> My main box is a gentoo box, and I'm currently running 2.6.22 on it (gentoo
> build). I loaded the nbd module, compiled nbd 2.9.9 as well, and tried
> connecting to the MyBook.
>
> Everytime I do that, in each of the settings above, I get the following:
>
> # /usr/local/sbin/nbd-client 192.168.1.164 99 /dev/nbd0
> Negotiation: Error: Server closed connection

What does syslog on the mybook say at that point?

Both dmesg and the syslog don't report anything. Can I activate some more debugging in the code or something?

> It is the correct port and IP (I get connection refused if I shut down
> nbd-server on the MyBook or inetd), but it always gives this message.
> I also tried connecting to the nbd-server with nc, but it also immediately
> returns, so I don't think it's a problem with the client setup.

Doesn't sound like it, no.

I also tried to exclude any problems with things going wrong at the tcp/udp level with the MyBook (in case of some crazy firewalling rules or something). I killed the server, and I started a netcat listener on the same port, and everything echoes fine. TCP and UDP both work perfectly.

 -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22