Re: [Nbd] Can not find the nbd.h

2007/4/15, Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...>:
On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 10:13:40PM +0800, Jiancong Xie wrote:
> 2007/4/14, Wouter Verhelst < w@...112...>:
> >
> >On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 11:07:33PM +0800, Jiancong Xie wrote:
> >> Hi, everyone.
> >>     When I configure the package, I met the error of not finding the
> >nbd.h.
> >> But I find the nbd.h in following:
> >>
> >> [root@...117... root]# ls /usr/include/linux/nbd.h
> >> /usr/include/linux/nbd.h
> >>
> >> when i type the ./configure, I met:
> >> [root@...117... nbd-2.9.2]# pwd
> >> /root/xjc/nbd/nbd-2.9.2
> >>
> >> [root@...117... nbd-2.9.2]# ./configure
> >> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> >[...]
> >> checking where to find a working nbd.h... configure: error: Could not
> >find
> >> an nbd.h from 2.6 or above.
> >
> >That means it finds your nbd.h , but for some reason can't use it. Could
> >you please put your config.log file online somewhere, and post the link?
>

> I put the config.log in following link:
> http://www.vce.org.cn/cr/config.log.gz
>
> the nbd version is 2.9.2
> and the kernel version is 2.4.20.(RedHat 9.5)

Compiling against headers from that kernel version is no longer
supported.

> Is that I should choose the lower version of nbd?

No. You should fetch the nbd.h from a more recent kernel (at least
2.6.something), put it in your nbd source tarball, and try again. It
will work then. And before you ask: yes, the resulting binary will work
on your 2.4-based system.

Yes , although the error was fixed, but some dependent error happened (such as GLIB >= 6.0).Considered the poor package support of RH, I choose the nbd-2.8.6 and in the kernel version(2.4.20) . When I recompile it ,I works , no errors happened.

--
Fun will now commence