[Nbd] NBD over SCTP

I'm doing some thought processes on designing a general file association
protocol to be layered on top of SCTP.  This would serve a few roles such
as being able to (mostly, hopefully) replace NFS (without the RPC), FTP,
RSYNC, etc.  One thing I'd like to do is also make it capable of serving
the needs similar to NBD.  I think it should be relatively simple as the
server side can export anything and the client side could choose to access
just a single file and treat that as the block device (or maybe it is the
only file exported).  It would obviously need new stuff in the kernel as
well as new tools.  What I was wondering for here is, does anyone know any
issues I should specifically consider for using this in block device roles?
One thing I'm thinking of doing is a protocol converter.  It would be a
client to FAP and a server to NBD.

| Phil Howard KA9WGN       | http://linuxhomepage.com/      http://ham.org/ |
| (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/   http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |