Re: [Nbd] NBD using SDP

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 06:21:50PM -0500, John Leidel wrote:
> All... apologies for the random post... sometime ago I created a simple
> patch set for NBD to directly utilize the RDMA capabilities of
> Infiniband via the Sockets Direct Protocol.  I've just now got around to
> posting the patch set(s) publicly.  There are certainly other options
> for using remote block devices and Infiniband, but if figured I would
> offer up the patch set anyway.
>
> Check it out here::
> http://code.google.com/p/sdp-nbd/

I've adapted your patch to make it runtime-configurable on a per-export
basis (since you may want to export over SDP to systems in your data
center but over regular IP to your diskless clients), and it's now in
/branches/2.9 in subversion. I'd appreciate it if you could comment,
also on the documentation bits (I'm not entirely sure I got the
background right).

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22