Re: [Nbd] NBD using SDP

The patches essentially allow one to take advantage of the transport
layer RDMA capabilities of the fabric medium using the OpenFabrics
software stack.  The most common transport fabric is Infiniband,
although Chelsio 10GbE cards also support the protocol.

You'll probably see the most benefit when using fairly large block sizes
as the transfer mechanisms in OpenFabrics tend to favor large messages
[although, they are building in better support for smaller messages].
I'm not sure what to expect if you mount swap in this manner.  It would
either give you quite a performance boost, or completely hose up the
swap.

A more complete discussion on SDP is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockets_Direct_Protocol

and here