Re: [Nbd] Can I find a nbd driver?

2007/5/30, Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...>:
On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 04:24:44PM +0800, Jiancong Xie wrote:
> Hi ,all
>    I want to install a kernel module which write to remote node's file
> through the /dev/nbd device . But I think i need to write the driver to make
> this work.

Eh, no, you don't. Just point nbd-server to the file on the remote node,
and connect the client. That's exactly what the nbd-client is supposed
to do.

Of course the semantics will be slightly different (you can't write past
the end of a block device, while you can write past the end of a file,
etc.), but apart from that, nbd seems like exactly what you need.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

No, I am not know the semantics about write/read to block device. Actually, I need to write[from] block to[from]
the device which nbd-client provide. But I do not know howto , maybe i should resort to LDD. :-)

Thanks for your advance.