Re: [Nbd] getting nbd-server to run

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 12:23:25PM +0000, Mark Hannessen wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I am pretty new to nbd,
> and ran into a little problem trying to get it to run.
>
> I tried to run nbd-server with the following command,
> nbd-server 4444 /dev/lvm2_server1/root
>
> but when i try to do so it returns an config file error to me..
>
> ** (process:13365): WARNING **: Could not parse config file: Could not open
> config file.

That's a warning, not an error. Your nbd-server is running in the
background at that point, unless something else failed.

Perhaps I should make it slightly more verbose that this is the case and
that the server is going to run regardless, but that's of course just a
detail.

> I read in some sort of obscure blog

What obscure blog?

> that it might work if I created an empy config file, which I tried,
> but with little succes. can't find anything in the docs either.

If you create an empty config file, then it'll fail, because that won't
be syntactically valid.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22