[Nbd] getting nbd-server to run

Hi List,

I am pretty new to nbd,
and ran into a little problem trying to get it to run.

I tried to run nbd-server with the following command,
nbd-server 4444 /dev/lvm2_server1/root

but when i try to do so it returns an config file error to me..

** (process:13365): WARNING **: Could not parse config file: Could not open
config file.

I read in some sort of obscure blog that it might work if I created an empy
config file, which I tried, but with little succes. can't find anything in
the docs either.

anyone any idea as to how to resolve this?
I am running the nbd-2.90 ebuild on gentoo latest.

Thanks!!

Mark Hannessen