[Nbd] How does nbd handles broken link ?

Hi,

I am wondering how nbd handle temperary broken links.

This could happen say because there is network error.
Or the nbd server reboot.

In NFS, it is possible for it to wait until everything
comes back.

Do I need to manually handle this kind of situation
using NBD ?

Another unrelated question, is it possible for the
client to use unix domain socket ? It may sound
redundant as one may ask why not serve that
file/device directly ?

The answer is that I like NBD as a standard device
node/module with linux and want to plug other backend
store through it. So I just need to write a server
speaking NBD which can then do its own data serving.

Currently, I can use 127.0.0.1 but is wondering if
there is any advantage using domain socket.

regards,

gary
PS. please cc if possible as I am not on the list

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time