Re: [Nbd] nbd-server segfault on x86_64

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 12:58:12AM +0100, JaniD++ wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 10:53:32PM +0100, JaniD++ wrote:
> > [...]
> nbd

> > > Not needed.
> > > It looks like fixed on 2.8.3.
> >
> > Right, I thought as much.

Hmm. Forgot this: there's also a pretty nasty bug in nbd-server 2.8.3
involving the incorrect killing of child processes, which will fill up
your syslog in no time.

It's fixed for the Debian packages, but I still need to do a release for
the source.

I'll do that once I checked whether the insanely huge devices work.

[...]
> > > Can i help to try / test?
> >
> > No, I can test it using sparse files. No need :-)
>
> OK, anyway i want to be _really_ sure, before i feed in the big xfs, and try
> xfs_grow.

Sure :-)

> > > (thanks, to Herbert Xu, and me :-)
> >
> > That's _really_ cool. Can you point me to the details of that one? I'd
> > be interested in finding out what the heck was wrong; I could then
> > perhaps get a workaround in nbd-server for older kernels as well.
>
> If i think right, there is no way to workaround for older kernels. :(
>
> Watch this:
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/ChangeLog-2.6.16-rc1

I actually meant a discussion in the kernel mailinglist regarding the
patch :-)

Anyway, I googled for it, found it already. Thanks.

--
Fun will now commence