Re: [Nbd] 2.8.8 upcoming

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 03:39:08PM -0500, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> On 11/9/06, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@...3...> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I recently uploaded 2.9.0 to sourceforge, which replaced 2.8.7 as the
> > latest "stable" release. This will mean I'll drop support for the 2.7
> > branch (unless people come up with really compelling arguments).
>
> We never tracked down the nbd-server 2.8.6 __lll_mutex_lock_wait
> issue.  The "nbd-server 2.8.6 hangs on nbd-client reconnect" thread
> just died off after I posted: I'm blaming glib... ndb 2.7.7's
> nbd-server (non-glib, uses select) works perfectly fine!

Right, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

I don't think it's glib which is to blame here. It could have been glib
had I used the glib mainloop or something equally insane, but I don't do
that. Of course since I'm not even remotely sure where the problem is, I
can't be 100% sure of that, but I'm /fairly/ sure. I only use glib for
some data types, and in the 2.9-series also for parsing the config file
-- that's it. So I think the problem is elsewhere.

I'll try to focus on this issue now during the next few days; it'd be of
tremendous help if you could help me as much as reasonably possible. So,
could you send me (in private mail):
* If/how this can be reproduced
* A core dump and your compiled binary (if it doesn't segfault, just
  use kill to send it a sig11)
* Perhaps strace output
* A network dump of (part of) a connection where stuff goes wrong
* ... anything else you can come up with and which you think might help
  me.

Thanks,

> So if you remove the 2.7.x branch (I assume from sf.net not svn right?

Yes

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22