[Nbd] 2.8.8 upcoming

Hi all,

I recently uploaded 2.9.0 to sourceforge, which replaced 2.8.7 as the
latest "stable" release. This will mean I'll drop support for the 2.7
branch (unless people come up with really compelling arguments). Since
Sourceforge doesn't allow me to move a file from the "nbd" package to
the "nbd-maint" package, and since it doesn't allow me to upload a file
with the same name for another package, either, that'll mean I'll have
to do a 2.8.8 upload soon.

Now doing a release like this just because of the braindeadness of a
particular piece of software isn't something I very much like to do, but
if it has to be done, it has to be done.

OTOH, this might be a good opportunity to finish up some wishlists or
bugs people might have before I go ahead and upload. Are there any such
things? Do note, though, that I'm not going to do new features for the
2.8 branch -- those are now reserved for 2.10.

Comments are welcome

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22