Re: [Nbd] tech documentation
- To: Phil Howard <phil-nbd-general@...98...>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [Nbd] tech documentation
- From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter@...3...>
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:09:25 +0200
- Message-id: <20061019110925.GK5591@...39...>
- In-reply-to: <20061019101542.GJ5591@...39...>
- References: <20061018194520.GA14013@...99...> <20061019101542.GJ5591@...39...>
On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 12:15:42PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 02:45:20PM -0500, Phil Howard wrote:
> > Also, are there any plans to implement NBD over SCTP?
> Not at this time. Patches won't be refused, though, provided I
> understand what the benefit would be (which I don't right now).
Err, SCTP is that protocol that provides connectionless reliable
networking, right? Okay, that would be a good idea, but it would still
require patches from someone :)
If anyone is going to do this, make sure it can be disabled at compile
time as well as at run time. Not every operating system supports SCTP
yet, and I imagine you may also want to have a server that supports both
SCTP and TCP clients at the same time. Also, patches would have to be
against svn trunk, not against whatever is the latest "stable" version
<Lo-lan-do> Home is where you have to wash the dishes.
-- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22