Re: [Nbd] nbd-server segfault on x86_64

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wouter Verhelst" <wouter@...3...>
To: "JaniD++" <djani22@...60...>
Cc: <nbd-general@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Nbd] nbd-server segfault on x86_64

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 12:58:12AM +0100, JaniD++ wrote:
> > > On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 10:53:32PM +0100, JaniD++ wrote:
> > > [...]
> > nbd

> > > Right, I thought as much.
>
> Hmm. Forgot this: there's also a pretty nasty bug in nbd-server 2.8.3
> involving the incorrect killing of child processes, which will fill up
> your syslog in no time.
>
> It's fixed for the Debian packages, but I still need to do a release for
> the source.
>
> I'll do that once I checked whether the insanely huge devices work.

I'd like to ask, there is some news with the big devices?

I almost run out the disk space, and need to grow the xfs...

[...]

I have another problem at this time.
Some nodes are rarely and randomly disconnected.
The nbd-client exits, and my big raid is crashed.

The dmesg messages is like this:
nbd7: Attempted send on closed socket
end_request: I/O error, dev nbd7, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device nbd7, logical block 0

And this cause another problem!
If the traffic is high enough, this message are slows down or completely
stops the system.

I try to write a script to check the nbd-clients pid number, but the
response time is too slow. :(
It is too hard to implement one option to nbd-client like --nodaemon or
something else?
I mean staying in foreground and with -v option is printing useful verbose
and debug informations?

Cheers,
Janos