[Nbd] Newbie question

Hello,

I have just installed NBD looking the possibility of replacing a NFS
server. However, my first test made me think that I may not understand
how NBD works.

I've created a filesystem on a file:

dd if=/dev/zero of=NBD.raw bs=512k count=100
mke2fs -j NBD.raw

and I got the nbd-server running:

nbd-server 1234 NBD.raw

The server is mounting this file/fs on /mnt

moun -t ext3 -o loop NBD.raw /mnt

and so it has the client (different server)

mount /dev/nbdtest /mnt -o ro

Until here, everything very smooth. But now, I just did
touch /mnt/TEST on the server but this file didn't appear on the client
until I remount the block device.

Is this how it is supposed to work? Why?

--
Sergio Rua