Re: [Nbd] glib use in nbd-server

Yann Forget wrote:

> Check DRBD.
> Anyway, after tests of both, I think that DRBD is much more reliable
> that NBD.

Thanks for the tip, but DRBD isn't suitable for my application.  I want
to provide network access to existing block devices so that a disk image
can be made of them remotely.  DRBD can't share an existing block device
like that.

I am deploying the NBD server on a bootable CD/DVD that the disk imaging
program creates.  It will boot the remote system and launch nbd-server
so that the system can be restored.

NBD is perfect for this because it is a very simple protocol.  I would
rather not to have to deploy glib, though.

	Kurt.